Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - POPI Act
POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2119
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 09:52:35
Edited: 2021-08-29 09:55:18

How is the POPI Act going to influence the WhatsApp groups, sharing pictures and phone numbers etc. (Private Information) of girls?
Charlies Angels
Charlies Angels - Re: POPI Act
Re: POPI Act
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 165
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-08-29 10:24:39

The popi act focus on personal information given out by a third party. For instance im gonna sell ur name MINIME to someone. First of all they gonna, ask me what kind of name is this lol. In this business no one uses personal names or personal details so it wont affect this, business at all
Sharing pictures is a personal choice if u want to or not. If ur pic gets shared by someone else thats, a diff story but what can u realy do about it. Actualy nothing.

So getting back to the act. Its more for the telemarketers phoning people. They get numbers and contact details from companies collecting data and sell it to telemarketers
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2120
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 10:41:33
Edited: 2021-08-29 10:43:43

I think the name Minime isnt an Identifier. Same as and IP adres and not protected under the Act. You can share pictures of yourself with whoever you like.....but pictures are personal information and is protected under the Act. (The purpose of my question). Telemarketing is a legitimate business, so they can probably continue to use your information for marketing (just not give out your information to a 3rd party).

Who was the guy that send out the pics of the other lady a while ago...where she called him a dichead or something on here)?
Kooni
Kooni - Re: POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2600
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 10:50:04

Photos is not part of the popi act, Personal information such as name, id,telephone number, adress forms part of the act. Phone numbers in public domain such as the SP number is not seen as private, as it is in the public domain as part of her the SP's add, and may therefor be shared.
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: POPI Act
balasbak
balasbak - Re: POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1280
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 11:26:50

There is a lot more involved ... all I'm saying ... :)
Charlies Angels
Charlies Angels - Re: POPI Act
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 166
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-08-29 11:53:23

On 2021-08-29 10:41:33 Minime V10.1 said:
I think the name Minime isnt an Identifier. Same as and IP adres and not protected under the Act. You can share pictures of yourself with whoever you like.....but pictures are personal information and is protected under the Act. (The purpose of my question). Telemarketing is a legitimate business, so they can probably continue to use your information for marketing (just not give out your information to a 3rd party).

Who was the guy that send out the pics of the other lady a while ago...where she called him a dichead or something on here)?

Actualy they cant. Im the first party i give u my info by choice. U give it to a third party to use. Thats illigal. Where do u think telemarketers gets ur info. Didnt u recieve a email from ur insurance company telling u they wont be sharing ur info. Why would they send that email now....makes u think right

The girl who told the guy he is a dickhead. A photo is just a photo and it doesnt fall under the act. If its used for personal. if he is gonna sell the pics tjen it falls under the act it does also however fall under a diff law for social media where u not allowed to distribute someone elses pics to embarras them or to shame them . Ur face is personal property
Kooni
Kooni - Re: POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2601
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 12:08:18

Photos are not part of the POPI act, but falls under Copyright Act.
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: POPI Act
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2121
View Profile
Posted: 2021-08-29 12:59:27

On 2021-08-29 12:08:18 Kooni said:
Photos are not part of the POPI act, but falls under Copyright Act.

Check again
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: POPI Act
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-08-30 18:13:26

On 2021-08-29 10:41:33 Minime V10.1 said:

Ah yes - the punter formerly known as JJSoap I believe. Charitable chap. I saw her telling him to fuck off again in the not too distant past. Hehehehehe. Some guys are stubborn.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.