Navigation
Courtney
Courtney - Plane tickets booked, It is official
Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 143
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 03:17:47

Despite the news that no one may travel in or out of Gauteng, I have managed to get things sorted so that I can come and see all you lovely men.

My flight is booked and I will be touching down just after 8am on Tuesday 6 July, until around 2pm of Friday 9th July.

I will be going for a covid test before I make the trip and will be happy to show the results if requested, just as an extra measure to reassure myself as well as you guys!

Current availability:
Tuesday
11:30 - 17:00

Wednesday
13:00 - 19:30

Thursday
08:00 - 10:30

Friday
09:00- 14:00

Please do let me know if you will be seeing me, I am very excited, even if it is going to be freezing cold down there!
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1198
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-28 06:27:49

Is this to Cape Town ?
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4262
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 07:41:46

Thought the traveling would be allowed between provinces of you have a valid nefative covid test.

Last year when I departed from JHB to KZN to travel up the coast to CPT, I also had to go get tested. And had to have the certificate with me when I wanted to board.

The planes where so empty as they still did the social distance seating on the planes. Wonder if they will be doing that again.?

Anyway safe travels and bring warm clothes!!

Really hope you enjoy your visit.

Sylvia
Sylvia - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2694
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 08:13:00

hi girls, firstly red you get your jab? great if you did. And courtney i dthink you are brave to travel to airport and then maybe let down at the gate and wont let you travel. Its a bit dicey right now, but if you can get there then make mega boodle. S
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2243
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-28 08:23:29
Edited: 2021-06-28 08:24:23

Not to stop you from traveling, but just some general info.

When getting tested for anything, including Covid. A negative test only indicates that at the time of testing you "did not comply to the conditions required" for a positive result at the time of testing.

It does not mean that your status could not have change an hour or 2 later. That result is no longer valid a day later. Showing it to try and convince someone you are negative is useless.
Sylvia
Sylvia - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2695
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 09:10:38

oh k that is interesting post you made right there. I certainly would not chance travels now. After spending out on airfare surely you will be send away from that checking in desk. Better wait girls for your travels, not worth getting caught by the cops or whoever and maybe a fine. S
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4263
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 10:13:12
Edited: 2021-06-28 10:15:25

Very true what Kooni said..your status can change from time you have tested to time you actually board a plane. It is kinda pointless making people pay all that money to do a test that ain't really a reflection of your health status when you board a plane. The rapid tests should be used at the airport before boarding if they want to be sure you have a negative status when boarding. And even then those rapid test might fail as they not always 100% accurate.

waffles
waffles - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 192
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-28 10:22:55

Touching down where?
Kimmylee
Kimmylee - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 8325
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-06-28 10:47:01

@Courtney...you are a very brave, beautiful lady and have a lovely soul to match. You're the epitome of a warrior woman.

A little inspiration to safeguard your trip.

When you show up for yourself, it indicates that you are open for others willing to embrace your journey in anything you put your mind to, guarded that you share the same views. It is wise to not expect people to show up for you but it is to be more disciplined in your own convictions.

Do you Courtney and show up for yourself. Those willing to be disciples will welcome your discipleship.

Take care and safe journey my dear. Wherever you decide to be, you are welcomed with open arms.

AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Plane tickets booked, It is official
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1383
View Profile
Posted: 2021-06-28 10:51:59

On 2021-06-28 03:17:47 Courtney said:
Despite the news that no one may travel in or out of Gauteng, I have managed to get things sorted so that I can come and see all you lovely men.

My flight is booked and I will be touching down just after 8am on Tuesday 6 July, until around 2pm of Friday 9th July.

I will be going for a covid test before I make the trip and will be happy to show the results if requested, just as an extra measure to reassure myself as well as you guys!

Current availability:
Tuesday
11:30 - 17:00

Wednesday

Thursday
08:00 - 10:30

Friday
09:00- 14:00

Please do let me know if you will be seeing me, I am very excited, even if it is going to be freezing cold down there!

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome well deserved trip. Enjoy, stay safe, and have lots of fun

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.