Navigation
330guy
330guy - Re: Police detective scam PMB
Re: Police detective scam PMB
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 610
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-29 22:56:19

@classy: my post was not directed at you. Although i can see why u may think part of it was since i posted on a thread where u was the original poster. I was talking in general and should have been more clear about that.

Apologies for that.

By the way u handled the situation really well.
LayerOfPipe
LayerOfPipe - Re: Police detective scam PMB
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 56
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-31 14:31:25

Wait just to get this straight.. did u basically admit to punting and the police didnt care? Or you didnt quite admit to it.
Lesley
Lesley - Re: Police detective scam PMB
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 278
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-03-31 16:24:39

On 2021-03-29 21:57:28 classy said:
On 2021-03-29 19:40:05 330guy said: On 2021-03-29 16:53:06 Miss Red (aka Louise) said: ...

I said this on ladies forum . Ladies need to wake up . We are in one of the most unpredictable most dangerous professions in the world allowing strangers into our spaces daily. Stop living in lala land thinking your princesses and every guy that walks through your door is a prince and no harm will come to you or your belongings.

Even if the phone is stolen you are still responsible to an extent if your client ends up blackmailed. Because if a punter can't trust you to look after the most important tool of your trade , your phone, how must he trust you to keep him and his details safe.

Think about that before you let your phones in sight again before having a stranger in your space again.

Thats true @Miss Red and the same also applies to us punters.

Guys who have so much to lose enter this world and make silly mistakes. I really dont get why proffessional people who are so thorough in their respective occupations dont apply the same logic in this potentialy dangerous world.

i was thinking about this and it must have been so easy for these scammers up until it started being reported here on ESA. They must have made a killing already.

If u are not using a punting sim once the scammer has your number truecaller reveals your real name.

Then he calls you and adresses u by your real name and you already on the back foot.

Police sounds in the background: easily obtained from youtube or tons of other sites.

Use your own car to
a booking: you risk being identified by your number plates. With so many e-hailing services available in major cities in SA there is no longer a need to have a punting car like i did when i had more to lose.

etc, etc, etc

To be one step ahead of a criminal u need to think like a criminal - actually this applies to every day life in SA not just this world

I agree and probably your post would apply to those high profile guys who are living secret lives and have something to lose.

Fortunately I'm not one of those.
Yes I have a reputation and yes I'm self employed and to some I might be considered rich.

My post is not about hiding your number and using different cars or trying to get a booking with a condom over your real head before putting one in your small head.

My post and point is that in all these years of punting, this is the first time I've received this shit.

All I'm doing is trying to make people aware of whats going on.

And lastly to WG's, I have not and will never book another girl from that house ever again so besides phones being stolen, check out the venues you work from.

Team work stops corruption and I see ESA community as a team.so if we report and talk about this, even on PM, we can put a dent in this nonsense.

I agree with you Classy. What a dodgy thing for a venue to do. Next thing you know they have staged robberies and hi jackings at the venue whilst you are enjoying a moment.
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: Police detective scam PMB
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 7607
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-01 14:20:54

This was on Carte Blanche two weeks back can't not believe they still trying.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.