Navigation
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Levels of hurt?
Re: Levels of hurt?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1341
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-25 11:07:41

Seeing "disapointment" in the eyes of your kids is never a nice experienced. Most of us are wired to "protect" them but unfortunately its not always possible.

We need to learn to "let go", to allow them to experience these, as that is what makes them grew and become stronger. From experience I know it is easier said than done. My kids are parents themself and I still do feel its my duties to protect them.

Carmen - Lex
Carmen - Lex - Re: Levels of hurt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1259
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-25 11:55:36

https://youtu.be/B-ieqbSSrnY

Not sure if this link will work but I've listened to the full version and it's really been helpful , ...
Agree with kooni in that it's something as much as we dont like it our children will go through these things such as disappointment hurt etc but they will learn from it just as we have (still are) and be stronger at the other end of it ..
Kisses hugs and positive vibes
Kooni
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1345
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-25 12:03:27

What hurts most

When your children are

dissapointed in you.

Or

dissapoints in you
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: Levels of hurt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2784
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-25 12:23:46

On 2020-06-25 11:07:41 Kooni said:
Seeing "disapointment" in the eyes of your kids is never a nice experienced. Most of us are wired to "protect" them but unfortunately its not always possible.

We need to learn to "let go", to allow them to experience these, as that is what makes them grew and become stronger. From experience I know it is easier said than done. My kids are parents themself and I still do feel its my duties to protect them.

We are definitely wired that way atleast i think most parents are, regardless their age they will always be our children.

[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Levels of hurt?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-06-25 22:04:45

Sorry L :(((
Echo Kooni on being wired protective. I even feel it with my grandson. His parents do a great job, so its not my place or need, yet I feel super protective!!
jasimo
jasimo - Re: Levels of hurt?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 777
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-25 22:11:52

I am sorry to hear about this Louise....I can take being lied to but seeing the effect it has on my sons make me want to strangle people...
Louise ( Miss Red)
Louise ( Miss Red) - Re: Levels of hurt?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 2791
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-06-26 04:44:30

On 2020-06-25 22:11:52 jasimo said:
I am sorry to hear about this Louise....I can take being lied to but seeing the effect it has on my sons make me want to strangle people...

:)I know the feeling.. if I just had some explanation as to why the silence and the change of heart about the promises made, it might make sense and I might understand and accept that you made a mistake when u made the promise and it ain't possible in any way to keep it. But no explanation the silence just makes me think this was a mean game being played and my child was used as a board piece to play the game.
Blades
Blades - Re: Levels of hurt?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 521
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-26 08:00:07
Edited: 2020-06-26 08:01:03

I have mentioned before, but I was raised by a addict single mother until she abandoned me at age 13. Having promises made to me and not being kept and/or being lied to was a way of life for me. A daily thing. Things like needing a red t-shirt for a school event. My mother would promise to buy a T-shirt and bring it to school. Only to be picked up late from the event by a drunk/high mother who would claim she'd been looking for me for hours, but she was looking for a kid wearing the red t-shirt she asked a colleague to drop off at school for me. The t-shirt I am still waiting for...

But, growing up like that formed me. I never ever promise something to anybody if I know I may not deliver and I never lie. Even at work I will never lie to a customer. Just this week my boss asked me to tell a customer a bullshit story why something hasn't happened. I refused. And when I did speak to the customer and I told him that we forgot to do something he thanked me for my honesty.

My point is, yes, it does hurt like hell when someone betrays your trust, but we do learn valuable life lessons from these experiences.
Kooni
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1352
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-26 08:16:15

@Blades

Something I have learnt also.

"Honesty is the best policy."

Someone else mention to me the other day that her memory is so bad, she has to be honest as she would not remember a "lie".

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.