Navigation
MikeHunt
MikeHunt - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 110
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 10:17:57

One needs to understand the risk, if you are under 60 and healthy you really have nothing to worry about, if you have health issues then you need to be more careful, but this is not going away soon, less than 0.1% of the world is infected its going to take 2-3 years for the world to get infected and over it and possible a year to get a vacine, so we have to adjust and live with it.
Blades
Blades - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 508
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 11:12:08

On 2020-06-23 10:17:57 MikeHunt said:
One needs to understand the risk, if you are under 60 and healthy you really have nothing to worry about, if you have health issues then you need to be more careful, but this is not going away soon, less than 0.1% of the world is infected its going to take 2-3 years for the world to get infected and over it and possible a year to get a vacine, so we have to adjust and live with it.

People just don't seem to grasp the concept of you spreading the virus to someone who is at risk...

Many feel "I have nothing to worry about"...but can't get it into their thick heads that through your, perhaps careless, actions, another person may get infected that really cannot afford to. Our society has many people who are at risk. A mother, a grandfather, a child perhaps.

It is selfish to say "nah, I am not worried". Start thinking of those who should be...ffs
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Less than 10 posts
Posted: 2020-06-23 11:41:12

Considering that most people who get this are asymptomatic - it's quite likely that most of us here, including myself, have had it.

I don't "know" anyone either but I seriously doubt that that means no one in my social has had it.
Blades
Blades - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 510
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 11:59:07

On 2020-06-23 11:41:12 untrue said:
Considering that most people who get this are asymptomatic - it's quite likely that most of us here, including myself, have had it.

I don't "know" anyone either but I seriously doubt that that means no one in my social has had it.

The results on studies on asymptomatic Covid-19 infections vary too much. Between 25 and 81% is a helluva 'between'. It seems the WHO is saying 40%. I do not think your assumption of 'most of us here' is very accurate. If that was the case, then the current rate of infection as reported daily wouldn't be as high as it currently is.

If most people have been infected, then we would see a negative rate of infection, not a positive one.
Johnlennon
Johnlennon - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 271
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 14:06:40

Now know at 3 ppl who have covid.
Unfortunately 2 of them albeit elderly ppl passed away :(

Its real folks.
john_adams
john_adams - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 379
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 18:49:34

FACT is that most people (more than 80%) don't even show symptoms that is how mild this sickness is , so what is your point ?

20 times more people DIE of TB than people who supposedly contract covid not to mention the low numbers that die WITH covid not necessarily of it , which btw is not tested they go by symptoms

I had these symptoms 4 years ago , does that mean I had covid ?
no it means I had a bad flu

eldridge
eldridge - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 98
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 18:55:58

Not in SA, but I know 2 who died of CoVid, few others who are sick with it
shane8
shane8 - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 268
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 19:02:32

What difference will a vaccine make?

This virus mutated 3 times by the time it hit SA. Ask this question in a month and the answer we all will say sadly is "I havehad it".

The problem most people have it and still feel and look fine.

This is going to get real very soon.

Live your with precaution not fear.
Johnlennon
Johnlennon - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 272
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 19:06:48

20 x more ppl have died of TB than covid john adams?
Are u saying this year alone 80 million have died of tb.
Are you delusional.
john_adams
john_adams - Re: Do you know someone who contracted Covid-19?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 380
View Profile
Posted: 2020-06-23 19:27:10

I also think that you put the question wrong
how many people do you know that DIED of covid versus how many people do you know who has now lost their jobs or their business and will be facing starvation in the next few months ? due to the ridiculous mass hysteria inspired by the government to a sickness that hardly has a 0.9 percent mortality rate

and allow me to supply facts to support my position

www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/04/we-could-be-vastly-overestimating-the-death-rate-for-covid-19-heres-why/

you do realize that a third of our country is now without an income due to this

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.