Navigation
Nawwwtyguy Returns
Nawwwtyguy Returns - Safe or not
Safe or not
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 34
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-25 10:18:03

Hi all just wanted to find out if it's okay to travel to Pretoria from Johannesburg? I do have a work permit, however workplace is based in Johannesburg. Kindly advise. Thank you.
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Safe or not
Re: Safe or not
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1858
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 01:36:51

On 2020-05-25 10:18:03 Nawwwtyguy Returns said:
Hi all just wanted to find out if it's okay to travel to Pretoria from Johannesburg? I do have a work permit, however workplace is based in Johannesburg. Kindly advise. Thank you.

I travelled 100's of Kms across provinces and in out after curfew recently, with the permits for business and didn't even get stopped let alone asked to produce them. Maybe cops think we in level 3 already.

Not everyone's experience though. Others I know where stopped and asked. They just showed their permits and continued with business. Some been doing it weekly for business since lockdown started and same story, no real issues if you have a valid permit.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Safe or not
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1221
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 06:18:45

Metro , SANDF, SAPS have a mind of their own, and nobody can guarantee your safe travels between cities
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Safe or not
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:49:32

Question:
I now have a permit for essential services and both my managers contact details are on it. If I get stopped travelling between Mpumalanga & Gauteng, will they contact the numbers for confirmation ( under level 3 ? )
UnlikelySuspect
UnlikelySuspect - Re: Safe or not
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 893
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 07:51:38

Guys nobody here can tell you it will be safe. Everything is all over the show these days, the 1 day it works like this the next day it is like that. Whoever stops you might interpret the law differently, who knows. Anything is possible.
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Safe or not
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1859
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:10:43

On 2020-05-26 07:49:32 lookingforfun29 said:
Question:
I now have a permit for essential services and both my managers contact details are on it. If I get stopped travelling between Mpumalanga & Gauteng, will they contact the numbers for confirmation ( under level 3 ? )

I don't know of any instances of them calling the managers yet. However as US said, cops are different. I had numerous weird instances in Mpumalanga where they randomly pull you over and try find something, if not, wreckless and negligent driving it will be. Never had to pay one because it could never stand in court, even got chucked in the back of a can once and driven 50kms with them trying to intimidate me for a massive massive bribe. This is different if you going to punt but the point I'm trying to make is I believe you're fine in most places but Mpumalanga is somewhere I wouldn't take chances.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 08:15:48

Thanks need4passion.

Will rather not chance it.
Wild_Weasel
Wild_Weasel - Re: Safe or not
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 502
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-26 11:17:04

On 2020-05-26 07:49:32 lookingforfun29 said:
Question:

The majority of these cops can't even read or comprehend properly, let alone have enough government airtime to make a call to verify details !
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2020-05-26 13:02:15

On 2020-05-26 11:17:04 Wild_Weasel said:

The majority of these cops can't even read or comprehend properly, let alone have enough government airtime to make a call to verify details !

Nailed it ! Brilliant response.
Kimmylee
Kimmylee - Re: Safe or not
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 6085
  View Profile  
Posted: 2020-05-28 14:45:35

On 2020-05-26 11:17:04 Wild_Weasel said:
On 2020-05-26 07:49:32 lookingforfun29 said: Question:

It's the same majority that use handcuffs as fast as one blinks. Go figure!

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.