Navigation
Nawwwtyguy Returns
Nawwwtyguy Returns - Gti vs mps
Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 21
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-05 23:02:54

Hi all I'm confused again lol anyone have experience with mazda mps first gen and golf gti mk5... Which would you say is a better buy... power wise?
Butterfinger
Butterfinger - Re: Gti vs mps
Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 365
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-06 10:49:59

Can't help you there dude. Why not try googling
Cookie_muncher
Cookie_muncher - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 95
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-06 11:32:21

If it just power then the mps definitely has more KW and torque. Looks,the Mk5 golf hasn't aged very well and is starting to look outdated,yet the mps still looks a bit modern and more aggressive. Capability,refinement and driving pleasure,definitely the golf,in a manual. gen5 dsg boxes were problematic. Exclusivity,the mps. You don't get to see a lot of them on the road.
Nawwwtyguy Returns
Nawwwtyguy Returns - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 22
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-06 13:53:13

Thanks guys much appreciated :)
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1788
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-06 14:17:37

If power is all you care about, MPS hands down.

If exclusivity is important, MPS, hands down. I wanted the MPS when it came out because I didn't want just another GTI on the road and I wanted to kick all the GTI's asses with it.

If I had to spend MY money TODAY for an only car of those year model cars and could only choose from those two, I'll buy the GTI hands down. Much more support in parts and mechanics with knowledge, better fuel consumption and cheaper maintenance on a GTI than a diziturbo MPS.

If it's a second car or weekend car, then MPS it shall be, way more fun.
shoeguy
shoeguy - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 883
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-07 05:26:03
Edited: 2020-05-07 05:35:59

Had a few mk5 and a fun car once you flash the ecu. Have a look at the mk6, lots of car for your money for a few bucks more. Currently driving a 7 and wish it was a 6 with lower kilos
JustJay11
JustJay11 - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1041
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-07 06:22:33

On 2020-05-06 14:17:37 Need4Passion said:
If power is all you care about, MPS hands down.

If exclusivity is important, MPS, hands down. I wanted the MPS when it came out because I didn't want just another GTI on the road and I wanted to kick all the GTI's asses with it.

If I had to spend MY money TODAY for an only car of those year model cars and could only choose from those two, I'll buy the GTI hands down. Much more support in parts and mechanics with knowledge, better fuel consumption and cheaper maintenance on a GTI than a diziturbo MPS.

You wanna say "Hands down" one more time, or are you done?
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1791
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-07 10:44:44

On 2020-05-07 06:22:33 JustJay11 said:
On 2020-05-06 14:17:37 Need4Passion said: If power is all you care about, MPS hands down.

You wanna say "Hands down" one more time, or are you done?

See, my points got across hands down, lol
hot_boi
hot_boi - Re: Gti vs mps
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 28
View Profile
Posted: 2020-05-08 07:50:20

Definitely the GTI. Owned one a few years ago. Very reliable and very quick.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.