Trashy - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 267
View Profile
Posted: 2019-04-13 14:19:59
Edited: 2019-04-13 14:20:44

MiniMe,

One thing you watch for on a projector is the contrast ratio. Much lower than a TV. In layman's terms lower contrast ratio means you need to be in a darker room to see the picture well. So a projector is good for a dark room.

A projector will never be as good as a TV, one bulb Vs thousands of LEDs - better control over colour

Samsung Vs Hi Sense. If you watch them side by side you might see a better quality in the Samsung if you are standing a metre away. But generally if you sitting on the couch or bed a few metres away, you really won't be able to tell the difference. Hisense is also the number one selling tv in Aus for years now. They also have a longer warranty than Samsung. On the principle of value for money I would go Hisense.

TV over projector, Hisense over Samsung.

Hope that helps someone
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1294
View Profile
Posted: 2019-04-22 10:00:05

Thanks.
Duke_of_Hazard
Duke_of_Hazard - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 260
View Profile
Posted: 2019-04-25 21:50:12

I ended up getting paid out enough to only add in a whole R400 big ones and get a 65 inch Qled Samsung. The Hisense and Sansung were the same price at the time and still seem to be when it comes to the Quantum dot displays and the Samsung won me over with a few key features. The menu was grainy and a bit slow in the Hisense and that eventually swayed me.. The Samsung is amazing and I don't have the slightest regret, the standard speakers are awesome, picture fantastic and its general connectivity to my phones and the way it talks to my Denon home Tbeatre amp just make it for me... Would buy a Samsung again without hesitation
Dale34
Dale34 - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1
View Profile
Posted: 2019-08-17 01:16:27

On 2019-04-25 21:50:12 Duke_of_Hazard said:
I ended up getting paid out enough to only add in a whole R400 big ones and get a 65 inch Qled Samsung. The Hisense and Sansung were the same price at the time and still seem to be when it comes to the Quantum dot displays and the Samsung won me over with a few key features. The menu was grainy and a bit slow in the Hisense and that eventually swayed me.. The Samsung is amazing and I don't have the slightest regret, the standard speakers are awesome, picture fantastic and its general connectivity to my phones and the way it talks to my Denon home Tbeatre amp just make it for me... Would buy a Samsung again without hesitation

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.