Navigation
Duke_of_Hazard
Duke_of_Hazard - Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 242
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-18 08:10:10

We were broken into on Friday night, when nobody was home thankfully, they pinched my TV, laptop and a few other electronics... Now my question. I'm going to ask that insurance pay me out cash, so I can shop around for the TV myself, making note of how it mounts to the wall etc... I had one of the very first Hisense smart TVs and wasn't impressed anyone have one of the newer Hisense smart TVs are they better? Or a Samsung one? Maybe even one of those Mecer displays that don't require a TV Licence?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 582
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-18 09:51:07

Hi Duke,

I have a 52-inch Mecer display which I use. It's a monitor, not a TV, but I don't have DSTV or anything like that anyway. I stream everything lol. So... as far as quality vs price goes... you can't go wrong with a Mecer monitor buddy.

Brilliant picture. Highly recommended.
Duke_of_Hazard
Duke_of_Hazard - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 243
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-18 10:06:32

On 2019-03-18 09:51:07 SilverWolf said:
Hi Duke,

I have a 52-inch Mecer display which I use. It's a monitor, not a TV, but I don't have DSTV or anything like that anyway. I stream everything lol. So... as far as quality vs price goes... you can't go wrong with a Mecer monitor buddy.

Brilliant picture. Highly recommended.

Thanks bud, I only stream aswell, I saw one on Takealot that is also Android based its cheaper than the same size Samsung and Hisense TVs. Where did you get yours from because I'd like to go look at it.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 589
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-18 13:59:47

I got mine through a local CCTV installation and Business Systems company. If you already have connections in that industry you might get one at cost or cost plus a little.

Duke_of_Hazard
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 245
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-19 11:34:22

Unfortunately not. Only Takealot and they seem fairly reasonable for a change.
vampirezn
vampirezn - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 280
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-19 12:48:23

I have a 55 inch Hi-Sense ULED TV.
Was the best value for money at the time, +- 6 months ago.
Duke_of_Hazard
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 246
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-19 14:15:02

On 2019-03-19 12:48:23 vampirezn said:

I bought the one that go stolen 5 or 6 years ago, the first Android Smart TV on the market, needed loads of refinement which never came in any updates but it never gave a days shit. Would not hesitate to get another Hisense TV
tokolosh1907
tokolosh1907 - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 40
View Profile
Posted: 2019-03-19 15:20:33

On 2019-03-19 12:48:23 vampirezn said:

Ditto... Value for money!
eldridge
eldridge - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 9
View Profile
Posted: 2019-04-11 16:49:14

So it really depends what you are actually looking for. If you want great inter-connectivity and top of the line Smart features, you should go for a Samsung. If you have a samsung phone, also get a Samsung TV as it makes things that much easy.

However, Hisense is amazing for the price it goes for. The "Smartness" of the android OS on the TV isn't all that. But if you need picture quality, 55+ inches screen for a good price, then just buy a UHD Hisense TV. I have both Hisense and Samsung TV. The Hisense is not a smart TV and I bought a Chromecast for it as I also don't have DSTV, rather went with Netflix and a VPN for access to a larger array of media. With the Samsung TV, I bought a smart 7 series model. It's just amazing, I do feel the difference between the Hisense and the Samsung TV.

Now, in terms of picture quality, you can't beat a Samsung TV even though the Hisense comes close with HDR+ and all the other standard picture quality features. The immage is stunning, the TV is responsivve, and, well, as for the rest, it's just a great experience. The ONLY thing i was unhappy about is that the TV did not have an AC WiFi card. But I mean that's not a big issue. It still streams 4K without issue.

I hope this will help!
Minime V10.1
Minime V10.1 - Re: Samsung VS. Hi Sense Smart TVs
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1216
View Profile
Posted: 2019-04-12 10:48:16
Edited: 2019-04-12 10:52:20

Sorry, this is very of topic, but any thoughts on HD TV (any brand) VS HD Projector (any brand) for home use?

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.