Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-23 19:27:26
Edited: 2021-03-23 19:33:10

If you are then why? if not, why not?

Personally, I am not hopeful for this country considering that it's run by a bunch of corrupt idiots. These people can't run squat let alone a country. This is just another failed African state and it has failed to prove its naysayers wrong.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Less than 40 posts
Posted: 2021-03-23 19:48:48

I am very hopeful.

We make this country awesome, not them. If the bunch of us degenerates here on the ESA forums can get along and have a bit of fun, the rest of the country can too.

People who steal, will always NEED to steal, because it's their punishment for stealing. They will never have enough. Let them be, and let us be punished for fucking. :)
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:31:16

Did anyone else see the state capture enquiry segment today where mpofu was trying to discredit Gordhan by labelling him a racist, talk about clutching at straws.
Churchill
Churchill - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 136
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:48:10

Cassanata were you not the one telling us you were going to rejouvecat the ANC taking 9ur property?
vampirezn
vampirezn - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1007
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:49:17

Ain't got nowhere else to go, SA is home!!

Churchill
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 137
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:49:46

Rejoice????
Churchill
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 138
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:50:26

Best country on the world
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1048
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:51:12

On 2021-03-23 19:27:26 Cassanata said:
If you are then why? if not, why not?

Personally, I am not hopeful for this country considering that it's run by a bunch of corrupt idiots. These people can't run squat let alone a country. This is just another failed African state and it has failed to prove its naysayers wrong.

Agree. People used to call me the eternal optimist. But over the last 3-4 years I have steadily lost hope. I had really hoped Ramaphosa would start to turn things around. And I was not expecting quick, big changes. But some slow progress, building momentum.

IMO, there is hardly any leader in the ANC not involved in corruption. So nobody can act, without huge risk of bringing everyone down. So the corrupt stays in power, and they buy the "votes" with all kinds of grants.
Some 18m people now get some kind of grant. Those on grants are scared of loosing their grant if they vote for another party.

And as we sink deeper, racism is getting worse. That, I think is the real concern to me...

Those with skills and money, are leaving SA in droves. Exactly the people we cannot afford to loose, as this is eroding the tax base.

Already there is no longer money to give gov employees wage increases. First time ever, grants are rising by less than inflation.
This is just the beginning. If we don't turn this ship around quickly, gov wages will become negligible, grants discontinued. Yet, gov workers continue to see their salary as a grant, they don't think they need to work in return, or provide a service to the public.

Zimbabweans could flee to SA to in order to survive. In North Africa, they flee to nearby Europe. Where will we go?

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:57:29

#Cape Exit, enuf said.
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6629
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-23 20:57:56

I see no future here.
The ANC has destroyed this country.
ALL SOE's are dysfunctional cesspits of corruption and incompetence.
If you have the means leave this country.
Unless you are able to put up with crime, power outages and general decay in every aspect of daily life.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.