Please remember that ESA does these investigations out of a sense of duty not because its compulsory. Too often we forget that this is a platform for advertiser and punters not a policeman for what happens behind the scenes. I think they have been exemplary in trying to resolve issues when they don't need to be involved and inadvertently the platform allows people to voice and create awareness around the crappy issues they face in this industry so we all may be wary or contribute to a resolution.
From my experience where I was extorted by a wg lady whom we were close... Even her guy friends contacted me for money. Very simply tell them to f*** off and that you will open a case of extortion at the SAPS and put them in jail. They get very scared when you tell them they will go to jail. Even for rape accusations tell the lady that she will be charged for false claims and go to jail as the courts take false claims very serious. Don't entertain anyone and don't take their calls. They do this especially the guys associated with wg's to get money for drugs. Block their numbers on your phone and carry on with your life as usual.
Just when I assumed these scum bags had gone away, I received another WhatsApp from [Number removed by Esa Admin] asking for R2500 or they will expose me to family friend etc. I have sent the message to esa. Be careful gents some serious con men out there !
I have had 2 other clients contact me over the weekend with regards to them getting whatsapp's of a similiar nature, demanding money for silence. I have 4 contact numbers that they are using and photo's of them. If anyone wants the info please whats app me. I will forward it to you.
Please becareful, do not give in to them.
Just ignore and block them.
Mwah
Arz
Bad boy1976
Bad boy1976 -
Re: Urgent advice required regarding extortion
Lady Lover I know it a sex site. But we also have to be aware of the POPI Act. Not sure if ESA can be held accountable.
I also have someone investigating the matter. We don't need someone tipping them off, because then they will just change numbers and start doing it all over again.
You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only
takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please
log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.