Navigation
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Gold Member
Joined:
30 Dec 2005
Posts to Date: 4043
View Profile
Posted: 2017-01-13 07:02:30
Edited: 2017-01-13 07:04:15

Mais Le diner est toujours gratuit , n'est pas ?
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Advertiser
Joined:
18 Aug 2011
Posts to Date: 1666
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-01-13 07:14:33
Edited: 2017-01-13 07:47:02

I think what many guys do not realise is that this isn't like any other business neither is working solo like working a venue. If you want to socialise, go to a venue.I get paid for my time and company.
And yes, we do have a life after hours. Yes, I must eat. I'm quite a good cook, I'll let you know. And I have an inner circle from which to choose should I feel the need to go out for a meal. There are a select handful of regulars who I will go out for dinner with. About 4....I guess.
Here's another thing. The same guys who infiltrate our personal space and become over-familiar-'if you ever need anything' guys are the ones who get highly offended when you DO call for help. And also a month down the line get angry when you refuse to see him cos he only has half your fee.....'But remember all the times I took you for dinner'. Thats why I say I don't fuck for a plate of food.
And then.....yes, I'm not busy with clients 100% of the time. I do have hobbies, I just bought a new piano ...I'd rather be tickling the ivories or doing one of my many handicraft projects when I have free time or just some me time- I need lots of that to stay sane in this game.
jackd14u
jackd14u - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Basic Member
Joined:
2 Aug 2015
Posts to Date: 241
View Profile
Posted: 2017-01-13 07:38:38

Nadia: As ever the voice of reason ..... You are in many ways a rare pillar of strength in an industry often lacking decorum ( on both sides)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-01-13 12:07:36

On 2017-01-12 23:10:17 Meg said:


Yes we do eat..but if i have a choice it would be with my loved ones.


And now suddenly I am not a loved one anymore? Net oor ek jong bokkies like, word ek nou sommer onterf ook.... *heartbroken*


On 2017-01-12 23:10:17 Meg said:

Let's see..it works out about 3 hours waisted to tri and convince 1 client to book you..where you could have kept 2 or 3 clients happy already?



Ok, I am not saying have lunch with everybody - I also only take out clients that have potential to grow my business - see it as an investment!


On 2017-01-12 23:10:17 Meg said:

We not in the industry where we need to meet our clients first so they can do window shopping. Omw!



Ok, now we are getting to the REAL point. Because if the window shopping isn't attractive enough, the sale is lost....

So, what if I am not convinced by the ad and need some confirmation if this really where I would like to drop a small fortune to invest in a sinful future. And I am a sucker for repeat business, so it can be a wee bit upsetting to book, pay (to book and not pay is unforgivable) and actually not be happy with the result.

BUT - that is just me - romantic to the end...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-01-13 12:30:16

I think if you took a lady for lunch, you must also pay her normal fees by the hour,. it's her time and time is money. Also if you want to take her for dinner and want to duck afterwards, a all night booking will be a good solution.

I will not work overtime just for a plate of food.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-01-13 12:36:58
Edited: 2017-01-13 12:37:17

Nah, if I pay for the hour's time and travel, she can't get food as well - then I AM food, hehehe...
MrShyGuyV2
MrShyGuyV2 - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Gold Member
Joined:
2 Dec 2016
Posts to Date: 94
View Profile
Posted: 2017-01-13 12:38:37

Ducking on a full stomach is not always a great idea in any case...
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-01-13 12:57:21

oh... D ucking.... almost got you wrong there... :-)
Mynx
Mynx - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Advertiser
Joined:
5 Mar 2014
Posts to Date: 787
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-01-13 13:24:41

When I'm up in Jhb I attend classes on a Thur eve in Pta. So...I had a client wanting to see me in Pta, and he already insisted on not paying outcall fees, seeing I'm already in Pta. My class finished and I messaged him. His response was that I should sleep over in Pta for convenience sake, but he won't be paying for that. I drove home without seeing him and politely told him this morning that I cant, in fact, waltz into Checkers, take food and say "I wont be paying for that". Neither can I stop at BP to put in fuel and drive off saying "I wont be paying for that".
I also made provisional plans to meet a client for drinks one eve (my time unpaid) and when I cancelled due to getting a paid for dinner date, he was super upset. Business comes first, and when you pay my bills, you may have my time.
In this industry I have truly seen and experienced how people take advantage of others, and I refuse to allow that again in my life.
Kisses, Mynx
Sugar Xtreme Xxx
Sugar Xtreme Xxx - Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Re: Ek doen nie charity nie.....
Advertiser
Joined:
17 Mar 2012
Posts to Date: 2014
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-01-13 13:53:38

Absolutely true Mynx!!

Reply

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend


Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.