Navigation
Cunilinkiss
Cunilinkiss - Re: Current state of SA
Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 611
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 14:20:05

Problem with lockup of hordes that has to social distance.
Not saying they should not be. Just saying spare a thought for the poor prison authorities
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Current state of SA
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-12 14:43:46

On 2021-07-12 14:20:05 Cunilinkiss said:
Problem with lockup of hordes that has to social distance.
Not saying they should not be. Just saying spare a thought for the poor prison authorities

Difficult one. Send them to an equivalent of Guantanamo Bay.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2403
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 14:58:18

On 2021-07-12 14:09:47 Frank White said:
On 2021-07-12 13:51:30 Vrik said: Two things to not overlook - and i am not saying they are the most important - but certainly substantial:
1) A big chunk of the "rioters" are simply criminals, who is using the opportunity to loot. As far as i can see, liquor stores are a prime target. The lockdown and ban on alcohol sales, is playing quite a role here.
2) The violence is incited by leaders who realise the jail is much closer than they ever thought. If JZ can go to jail, there is probably 100s now that is losing sleep in a big way.

@Vrik, your second point is interestingand I agree. This has a lot to do with those that are next in line for prison. It's a desperate attempt by them hoping that when their sentencing comes around to argue that they shouldn't receive jail time or else the country will burn. Hard decisive action is now needed by the government to stand its ground that these intimidation tactics won't work. Deploy the SANDF, mow them down with water cannons, rubber bullets, tear gas and real bullets where they threaten lives and lock them up in hordes.

Have to agree with you guys.

Apart from the "Gravy train that is heading to prison as its final stop, there's the "non-event" called Carl Niehaus. He so desperatly trying to feel important for once in his life.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-12 16:02:23

Punting definitely affected today. I was planning a good punt, but I don't want to take a chance from where I am to the lady I wanted to see.

It's very difficult to get information on which areas are affected at the moment. Why hasn't government put up a live website regularly updated with affected areas. Or is there some central reliable information source? It's moving fast as well, it could be quiet going to your destination but you might be stuck on your way back.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-12 16:09:41

They've now invaded houses in certain areas.
wannamilf
wannamilf - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 134
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 16:21:36

The ladies need to stay safe during this time, especially venues because they can be easy targets once these hooligans are done with the bigger stores and malls.
JP82
JP82 - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 257
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 16:58:41

On 2021-07-12 12:03:37 Johnny English said:
On 2021-07-12 11:37:41 Churchill said: Coming from KZN I know how tight knit the Zulu nation is. Also the large following Jacob Zuma has. This is a dangerous situation now.

At the heart of it, is the concept of a modern constitutional democracy "thrust" upon a traditional African feudal society. The Zulu people are the largest ethnic group in South Africa, totalling 10-12 million Zulus. Their Chief is Jacob Zuma. He is a traditionalist and unfamiliar with the concept of constitutionalism. So too his loyal subjects.
As you allude to, throw in lockdowns, rampant unemployment and poverty and you have a recipe for disaster

Now you're just plagiarising Helen Zille outright?
Frank the tank
Frank the tank - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 279
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 17:07:10

On 2021-07-12 16:02:23 Frank White said:
Punting definitely affected today. I was planning a good punt, but I don't want to take a chance from where I am to the lady

My Monday naughtiness also cancelled. Very same reason Oh its miserable!
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 8599
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 18:16:11

I'm guessing its gonna be a total lockdown for the next 7 days...eish!
KICKASS
KICKASS - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 7893
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 18:32:59

8pm he will address the nation.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.