Navigation
Mike Hope
Mike Hope - Re: Ivermectin
Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 65
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 04:37:23

I use it all the time, have done for the last 20 years on livestock. It comes with a warning hazardous to humans handle with care. Very effective with certain species of ticks and stomach worms.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Ivermectin
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-01-08 05:59:25

On 2021-01-07 20:58:01 tyrone69 said:
Anyone hear of this drug and how its helping covid patients all over the world. Our government decides to ban it and criminally prosecute anyone who tries to import it. Why would they do this when its actually helping people big time and costs like R2 per tablet. Crazy

Please check your facts before posting things no one has banned Ivermectim it is an antiparisitic used to inject into livestock and freely available all over the country (trade name Ivermax in SA) you buy the stuff in litre bottles at any farm store and many vets. I know many people who are using it I for one don't because I cannot find reliable peer reviewed science journals backing up the claims on it and there is no long term scientific study done on side effects for long term human use. Lastly I have no degree in virology but what I do know from basic bilogy from school is that parasites and viruses are completely different and I don't see how an antiparisitic treats a viral infection.
neo007
neo007 - Re: Ivermectin
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 536
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 07:51:53

On 2021-01-08 05:59:25 Chris_ZA8899 said:
On 2021-01-07 20:58:01 tyrone69 said: Anyone hear of this drug and how its helping covid patients all over the world. Our government decides to ban it and criminally prosecute anyone who tries to import it. Why would they do this when its actually helping people big time and costs like R2 per tablet. Crazy

Please check your facts before posting things no one has banned Ivermectim it is an antiparisitic used to inject into livestock and freely available all over the country (trade name Ivermax in SA) you buy the stuff in litre bottles at any farm store and many vets. I know many people who are using it I for one don't because I cannot find reliable peer reviewed science journals backing up the claims on it and there is no long term scientific study done on side effects for long term human use. Lastly I have no degree in virology but what I do know from basic bilogy from school is that parasites and viruses are completely different and I don't see how an antiparisitic treats a viral infection.

The reason for its efficacy (in animals) is that it is not just an antiviral and antiparasitic but also has anti-inflammatory properties...

The caution in human use though is understandable as there are sure to be side effects for long term usage.
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Ivermectin
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 897
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 09:44:49

I have heard that you use only 1ml of Ivermax per 50kg of body weight. So most people should use 2ml or less per dosage.
Knightrider78
Knightrider78 - Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 853
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 10:01:19

I watched a video interview between a radio station and a Dr at 4ways life and according to what is stated in that interview from the Dr mouth, they are in talks with WHO and the drug could possibly be un-banned for HUMAN use in SA by month end.
koosh
koosh - Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 12:06:28

It is also a tablet for human consumption
majorjohn
majorjohn - Re: Ivermectin
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 293
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 14:36:49

Just remember that everything you hear in the media is exaggerated to a ridiculous degree. If the media is saying it is a miracle cure, then in reality it is probably just useful in some select cases.
Mike Hope
Mike Hope - Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 66
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 18:37:09

Incorrect dosage leads to permanent damage of the nervous system believe me I have seen it. So I wouldn't advise taking it unless prescribed by a genuine doctor. Many of these miracle cures are social media hype, why not try rubbing hyena shit behind your ears if you're open to anything suggested on social media?
tyrone69
tyrone69 - Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 57
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 20:22:37

On 2021-01-08 07:51:53 neo007 said:
On 2021-01-08 05:59:25 Chris_ZA8899 said: On 2021-01-07 20:58:01 tyrone69 said: Anyone hear of this drug and how its helping covid patients all over the world. Our government decides to ban it and criminally prosecute anyone who tries to import it. Why would they do this when its actually helping people big time and costs like R2 per tablet. Crazy

The reason for its efficacy (in animals) is that it is not just an antiviral and antiparasitic but also has anti-inflammatory properties...

The caution in human use though is understandable as there are sure to be side effects for long term usage.

I have checked my facts.

trialsitenews.com/clinical-trials-and-research-roundup-south-africa-sahpra-bans-ivermectin-with-criminal-liability/

I have also imported a lot from India which was stopped at customs and thrown away.
tyrone69
tyrone69 - Re: Ivermectin
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 58
View Profile
Posted: 2021-01-08 20:25:30

I also personally know 4 people who have been helped by Ivermectin. A friend who was on a ventilator for 6 days came off the very next day after taking 1 x 3mg tablet. If you may die anyway, whats the harm?

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.