Navigation
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4352
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-07-16 08:48:37

I am real happy that register for age groups are opening faster.. but also think they should start with the small kids.

Some might agree with me some won't but here is why I am saying this.

I have heard from so many people that they think they got it from their grandchildren or children.

Kids are not being left at home anymore when people go shopping, like people did with first hard lockdown. Whole families are going on shopping trips now.

The little things are running through shopping malls with no masks. Most of them do not get sick like most adults do, they have a runny nose like a normal cold. They are potentially spreaders on mass scale. Crying in shops, touching things ect.

And this...

Spotted a tannie paging through a huisgenoot, liking her finger to turn pages. Then she picked it back on the shelve when it was her turn to pay!! I won't buy magazines after spotting that.

I think magizines and news papers should be wrapped in a plastic cover.
primebeef
primebeef - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1358
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:00:16

Gotta just love it when whores get together to save the world hey kooni
bbw4me
bbw4me - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 421
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:07:10

If you are over 35 and registered don't wait for an appointment SMS. Walk-in to any vaccine centre and get your jab done.
Almost all vaccine centres are entertaining walk-ins.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:11:46

On 2021-07-15 12:07:45 Bbw Nadia said:
I realised something this morning. As much as it is simple for most of us to register it isn't that simple for everyone. So pls ask around, someone may need help registering. I had a wg ask me for help earlier today. She can barely read and write in her home language, let alone English. The Pakistani corner shop owner asked me to come past his shop when I have time to help him register. There is a guy begging at the robot that I thought may need help registering. I know he has an ID. So I asked and helped and he is now registered. He wasn't even considering being vaccinated because he doesn't have a phone. He has a place to stay but no income. My mom has started doing the same around where she lives. Another buddy of mine has also been doing the same around where he lives in a very impoverished area. In my circle it has spread fast.
So please ask around. Many people will not ask, but if you offer, they will accept your help. I am going past my barber later to see if he wants to register.
Make the effort to help someone who may have nobody to ask

Fantastic sentiment!
Does anyone know how it works if someone doesn't have the correct papers to be here?

I'm not getting into the debate whether she should or shouldn't be here etc.

I just want to get her vaccinated, but I don't want to start asking too many questions
eziguy
eziguy - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1862
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:17:44

On 2021-07-16 09:07:10 bbw4me said:
If you are over 35 and registered don't wait for an appointment SMS. Walk-in to any vaccine centre and get your jab done.

Is it possible to select which jab one wishes to receive?
bbw4me
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 422
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:19:11

On 2021-07-16 09:11:46 carlfine said:

Fantastic sentiment!
Does anyone know how it works if someone doesn't have the correct papers to be here?

I just want to get her vaccinated, but I don't want to start asking too many questions

She just needs her passport or if an asylum seeker the relevant document. You need to register with that document number on the EVDS.
vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/
When you go to the vaccine site you need that identification document with you. That's it. No questions asked.
bbw4me
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 423
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:20:42

On 2021-07-16 09:17:44 eziguy said:
On 2021-07-16 09:07:10 bbw4me said: If you are over 35 and registered don't wait for an appointment SMS. Walk-in to any vaccine centre and get your jab done.

Is it possible to select which jab one wishes to receive?

No. At this stage only the two dose Pfizer vaccine is being used.
The single dose J&J vaccine is being used for the teachers and police vaccine roll outs.
Kooni
Kooni - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 2448
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:34:05

On 2021-07-16 09:19:11 bbw4me said:
On 2021-07-16 09:11:46 carlfine said:
Fantastic sentiment!

She just needs her passport or if an asylum seeker the relevant document. You need to register with that document number on the EVDS.
When you go to the vaccine site you need that identification document with you. That's it. No questions asked.

There are many "illegal" immigrants working on farms, or domestics without any "papers". Think his question is how fo get them vaccinated.
bbw4me
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 424
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:36:56

On 2021-07-16 09:34:05 Kooni said:
On 2021-07-16 09:19:11 bbw4me said: On 2021-07-16 09:11:46 carlfine said:
Fantastic sentiment!

There are many "illegal" immigrants working on farms, or domestics without any "papers". Think his question is how fo get them vaccinated.

As long as there is some form of identification. A passport or an asylum seeker / refuge number.
Bbw Nadia
Bbw Nadia - Re: Vaccination Registration for over 35's open
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 5825
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-07-16 09:44:47
Edited: 2021-07-16 09:47:04

On 2021-07-16 09:36:56 bbw4me said:
On 2021-07-16 09:34:05

As long as there is some form of identification. A passport or an asylum seeker / refuge number.

Yes that's what someone involved with a charity told me. Apparently they had some people registered with expired documents. I cannot say for sure that was the case but I do trust the person who told me.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.