[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Current state of SA
Re: Current state of SA
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-12 11:18:26

On 2021-07-12 08:52:49 batman23 said:
Ex pres Zuma.
Ex

your comrade, the president who is the leader of your party and was in charge for two terms, the person your people deemed was a hero and the best candidate for the job... your comrades have been doing a stellar job running this country to the ground post apartheid.
Churchill
Churchill - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 178
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 11:37:41

Coming from KZN I know how tight knit the Zulu nation is. Also the large following Jacob Zuma has. This is a dangerous situation now.
Churchill
Churchill - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 179
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 11:50:40

Other factor is people are desperate. Lovkdowns have destroyed large sections if the economy. When people lose evetything they have nothing to lose.
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1238
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 12:03:37
Edited: 2021-07-12 12:05:09

On 2021-07-12 11:37:41 Churchill said:
Coming from KZN I know how tight knit the Zulu nation is. Also the large following Jacob Zuma has. This is a dangerous situation now.

At the heart of it, is the concept of a modern constitutional democracy "thrust" upon a traditional African feudal society. The Zulu people are the largest ethnic group in South Africa, totalling 10-12 million Zulus. Their Chief is Jacob Zuma. He is a traditionalist and unfamiliar with the concept of constitutionalism. So too his loyal subjects.
As you allude to, throw in lockdowns, rampant unemployment and poverty and you have a recipe for disaster
Frank the tank
Frank the tank - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 278
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 12:33:47

On 2021-07-12 12:03:37 Johnny English said:
On 2021-07-12

At the heart of it, is the concept of a modern constitutional democracy "thrust" upon a traditional African feudal society. The Zulu people are the largest ethnic group in South Africa, totalling 10-12 million Zulus. Their Chief is Jacob Zuma. He is a traditionalist and unfamiliar with the concept of constitutionalism. So too his loyal subjects.
As you allude to, throw in lockdowns, rampant unemployment and poverty and you have a recipe for disaster

My point was simply- mark the stark contrast, and enjoy the escapism, blissful 60 to 120 minutes with an excellent service provider, so as to avoid complete depression.
Absolutely nothing can be done to avoid the current unrest.
Jakeburns78
Jakeburns78 - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1462
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 12:40:37

They have decided to deploy the military in JHB and KZN to deal with the problems

Jake
Enja
Enja - Re: Current state of SA
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 91
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-07-12 12:46:30

On 2021-07-10 20:38:33 Frank the tank said:
Thanks for essential balance in our lives. Without you.. shit I would break down and go insane.

Only a pleasure babe! and without you guys it would be a load worse!

So thank you to you gent that visit us !!!!!
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Current state of SA
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1230
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 13:51:30

Two things to not overlook - and i am not saying they are the most important - but certainly substantial:
1) A big chunk of the "rioters" are simply criminals, who is using the opportunity to loot. As far as i can see, liquor stores are a prime target. The lockdown and ban on alcohol sales, is playing quite a role here.
2) The violence is incited by leaders who realise the jail is much closer than they ever thought. If JZ can go to jail, there is probably 100s now that is losing sleep in a big way.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Current state of SA
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-07-12 14:09:47
Edited: 2021-07-12 14:10:51

On 2021-07-12 13:51:30 Vrik said:
Two things to not overlook - and i am not saying they are the most important - but certainly substantial:
1) A big chunk of the "rioters" are simply criminals, who is using the opportunity to loot. As far as i can see, liquor stores are a prime target. The lockdown and ban on alcohol sales, is playing quite a role here.
2) The violence is incited by leaders who realise the jail is much closer than they ever thought. If JZ can go to jail, there is probably 100s now that is losing sleep in a big way.

@Vrik, your second point is interestingand I agree. This has a lot to do with those that are next in line for prison. It's a desperate attempt by them hoping that when their sentencing comes around to argue that they shouldn't receive jail time or else the country will burn. Hard decisive action is now needed by the government to stand its ground that these intimidation tactics won't work. Deploy the SANDF, mow them down with water cannons, rubber bullets, tear gas and real bullets where they threaten lives and lock them up in hordes.
batman23
batman23 - Re: Current state of SA
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 279
View Profile
Posted: 2021-07-12 14:14:42

On 2021-07-12 11:18:26 Cassanata said:

your comrade, the president who is the leader of your party and was in charge for two terms, the person your people deemed was a hero and the best candidate for the job... your comrades have been doing a stellar job running this country to the ground post apartheid.

My comrade? Lol
He is just another criminal, that's it.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.