Navigation
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Re: What if money weren't an issue
Less than 100 posts
Posted: 2016-08-09 22:46:02

Can someone confirm.

1) are there no taxes on lottery winnings?
2) is the advertised lottery the future value? i.e. equivalent to a PV for lump sum payments?
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3704
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-09 23:19:08

On 2016-08-09 22:46:02 Franci$co said:
Can someone confirm.

1) are there no taxes on lottery winnings?
2) is the advertised lottery the future value? i.e. equivalent to a PV for lump sum payments?

Why will not believe me?

1.there are NO TAXES payable on Lotto winnings.
2. The winnings are paid in one lump sum.
No future value PV calculation is necessary.
aj3807
aj3807 - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 29
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-10 10:46:30

I would open a music school in an under privileged area. Where students can come and go, have a entertainment/leisure section where they can relax, have a few rehearsal rooms where they can practice. one dream of mine.
Mujahid001
Mujahid001 - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1989
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-10 12:33:20

On 2016-08-09 20:37:15 Shenanigans said:

Sipping pina coladas at the beach is not a valid response.

Boss, sipping pina coladas at the beach is a PERFECTLY valid response after winning a windfall.

If any WG of kind hearted punter like the ones who said they will spend it on charitable causes win a R100mil powerball please give me 5%. I'm not greedy. Just need a 5% donation from you :-)

If I should win I'll make my way to Lord Bailish's fine establishment.
Mujahid001
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1990
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-10 12:37:11

On 2016-08-10 10:46:30 aj3807 said:
I would open a music school in an under privileged area. Where students can come and go, have a entertainment/leisure section where they can relax, have a few rehearsal rooms where they can practice. one dream of mine.

I know a lady doing exactly this. Had some meetings with her. She requested my help to set up a internet cafe/lab in her estanlishment and devise a basic IT skills training programme for underprevilaged kids she hopes will use the center. She got huge financial backing from a huge fast food joint, sports apparell brand and a very influential billionare tenderpreneur.
Shenanigans
Shenanigans - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 8
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-10 13:08:18

On 2016-08-10 12:33:20 Mujahid001 said:
On 2016-08-09 20:37:15 Shenanigans said:

Sipping pina coladas at the beach is not a valid response.

Boss, sipping pina coladas at the beach is a PERFECTLY valid response after winning a windfall.

If any WG of kind hearted punter like the ones who said they will spend it on charitable causes win a R100mil powerball please give me 5%. I'm not greedy. Just need a 5% donation from you :-)

If I should win I'll make my way to Lord Bailish's fine establishment.

Yes Mr Muj, indeed the initial impulse would be to head to the beach but surely eventually boredom would set in and one would then have to answer the questions: 'What would make me truly excited to wake up every morning?'; 'What would give me a real sense of fulfilment?'

Obviously this is a question that haunts me on a daily basis as I try to identify my life's purpose.

aj is lucky to have identified his dream and hopefully he can take the steps to make it a reality one day.
Mujahid001
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1993
View Profile
Posted: 2016-08-10 14:37:00

Boss, Im naturally a lazy bastard. Im the stereotypical slacker so have no qualms of boredom. I just need my books, PS4, laptop with fast Internet and a 2m UHD Samsung TV.

Im not embarrassed to say that i have no need for my name in lights, or to achieve greatness, or to leave a "legacy" after I kick the bucket. Probably makes me of no benefit to humanity but hey, ek het my eie kak om oor te worry, so eks jammer om van jou kak te hoor :-)
Arizona
Arizona - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 209
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-10 14:46:32
Edited: 2016-08-10 14:52:50

I would open a kind of Kibbutz, where abused or single moms could come and stay. Or girls trying to get out this industry? Their children would attend school. And we would educate and teach the moms the skills they need to be self sufficient. Whilst all working together growing veggies, taking care of livestock, and making the Centre as self sustaining as possible.
Possibly have a tea garden on the property with stalls like a flea market that could bring in an income to assist the moms to get back on their feet.

Maybe one day...

Mwah

Arz
Lilly
Lilly - Re: What if money weren't an issue
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 24
  View Profile  
Posted: 2016-08-11 19:15:43

I'd keep my regulats love them...

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.