Navigation
Le Belle
Le Belle - Never a dull moment
Never a dull moment
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 656
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-04-10 01:25:09

This happened a couple of days ago but was sharing it with clients who had a good chuckle so thought I would share.

Running a venue isnt easy and things in your control are difficult enough without the things you cant control, being out of control ;)

Its 10am and on our management WhatsApp group, I get told there is no water. I'm doing errands so the one manager calls the municipality to find out what is happening as there isnt anything on the groups, sites or queries we posted. They have no idea and nothing is on their system. The receptionist goes out to try and see if the Jojo can somehow be manhandled into giving water for showers, no luck. The domestic is collecting water to boil, all in all, everyone is trying but its stressful. The other manager calls a plumber, in case a pipe had been stolen or the water turned off for some reason. Nope, everything is as it should be (minus the vital water).

By now its close to 12, we are stressing as we have been quite busy lately (470 clients in March alone!) So the lack of water is a massive issue and since we dont know what the problem is, we dont know when we can take bookings.

I'm driving up the road finishing the errands and doing voice notes when my eyes widened in amazement as I clearly see the massive municipality truck, white caution tape and two men up to their necks in a hole with a couple of spades.

I yell into the WhatsApp voice note, "I found the truck!!!" And slam on my hazard lights, pull up the hand brake and leave the car in the road as I run across the street.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Sirs!" I cry as I step around rocks, trying to get as close as possible.

(To be really specific, it was a spot just past Jacksons by the Riverside circle, so quite public)

I get their attention and go closer to try and speak to them above the roaring of the cars having to drive around my own car and not realising how wet the ground was and loose the rocks, I promptly slip and fall into the hole.

Thankfully I landed with one foot submerged in the mud, my left hand behind me, supporting my arched back as I try to keep my bum out the mud and my right hand holding my phone up to the sky.

The workers are shocked and say, "maam! Maam!" Trying to see if I'm okay and I'm yelling, "forget about me! When is the water being switched back on??!"

"Ten minutes!"

"Oh my word thankyou, Thankyou!" I yell and scramble out the hole, back into my car and yelling into the phone to take bookings as the water was coming back on any minute. Two minutes later I'm back at Le Belle, muddy and all.

Just the week before (on the day we broke our own personal Le Belle record for bookings since we opened), myself and the other manager was on duty as we had given the receptionist the day off to relax and get a facial (not that kind of facial!) So we were on our own on one of the craziest, busiest days since we opened.

The one manager had to keep running out each time a client came in to direct the parking and as she sprinted to help a particularly big bakkie, she went absolutely flying as she got stuck in some mud. I watched in amazement as she bounced back on her feet and carried on as if nothing had happened.

At the end of the day when we realised we had broken the record, the manager, myself and domestic all hugged in a circle and started jumping up and down cheering.

Been so many funny stories and I love to share them with the clients as they happen but also thought it would be funny to share some here. Unfortunately we cant add the sound effects, pointing at muddy shoes and hear the sound of laughter on a forum post but I think anyone who has popped in from time to time has heard a funny tale or two.

Anyway, thought I would just share a funny highlight from the week and hope you enjoyed. Thankyou for all the support and of course, we couldn't do this without our lovely ladies at Le Belle. Enjoy the weekend.

XoXo
Max.ledger
Max.ledger - Re: Never a dull moment
Re: Never a dull moment
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 398
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-10 08:09:03

Great story :)
.I was actually there on the day the water was out.

So I couldn't so the tub treatment I booked because of the water issue... But the MG and the manageress made up for it in other ways ;)

That's why Le Belle is the best venue in JHB !
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Never a dull moment
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-04-10 10:29:31

Haha great story. I'll probably pop by sometime this month if all's well with the calendar. There's a lady I've been eyeing that another punter also recommended to me.
Need4Passion
Need4Passion - Re: Never a dull moment
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 3041
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-10 10:39:16

You'll like he mid there Huh. Perhaps you'll need to do a mud wrestling thing.

Think Christina A - Dirty
Le Belle
Le Belle - Re: Never a dull moment
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 658
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-04-12 15:11:53

On 2021-04-10 08:09:03 Max.ledger said:
Great story :)
.I was actually there on the day the water was out.

So I couldn't so the tub treatment I booked because of the water issue... But the MG and the manageress made up for it in other ways ;)

That's why Le Belle is the best venue in JHB !

So glad you left smiling ;) Thankyou for being understanding.

XoXo

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.