Navigation
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6662
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-02 18:12:54

You cannot be both hopeful and sceptical at the same time.
This country is doomed.
Time has run out. Standards of civilized behaviour will continue to decline. I mean how can a civilized person break a car window for a fukcing phone????!!!! Try and wrap that around your head ! Theft of taxpayers' money will continue on a gargantuan scale with impunity and with no consequences. Crooks and outright thieves are admired for being "smart" and will continue to be voted in time and again. Look around and look who is driving the fancy R4m cars courtesy of the taxpayers.

How naive people were to think that after the end of apartheid "everything will come right".

You must be very naive or very stupid to think that "everything will come right".

BurningMan
BurningMan - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 316
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-02 18:42:08

I tend to agree with Ben Layden.

I stick to the the Purple World Country. Here i am more than just hopeful.
Galaxy @ Be-sensual
Galaxy @ Be-sensual - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1284
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-04-02 20:06:57

On 2021-04-02 18:12:54 Ben Layden said:
You cannot be both hopeful and sceptical at the same time.
This country is doomed.
Time has run out. Standards of civilized behaviour will continue to decline. I mean how can a civilized person break a car window for a fukcing phone????!!!! Try and wrap that around your head ! Theft of taxpayers' money will continue on a gargantuan scale with impunity and with no consequences. Crooks and outright thieves are admired for being "smart" and will continue to be voted in time and again. Look around and look who is driving the fancy R4m cars courtesy of the taxpayers.

How naive people were to think that after the end of apartheid "everything will come right".

You must be very naive or very stupid to think that "everything will come right".

I understand your point and agree 100% with you, but like I said I'm a glass half full kinda girl ;)

To have hope is to want an outcome that makes your life better in some way. It not only can help make a tough present situation more bearable but also can eventually improve our lives because envisioning a better future motivates you to take the steps to make it happen.

Whether we think about it or not, hope is a part of everyone's life. Everyone hopes for something. It's an inherent part of being a human being. Hope helps us define what we want in our futures and is part of the self-narrative about our lives we all have running inside our minds.

We all hope for something. People that have loved ones that is alcoholics or drug addicts know the stats of recovery which is bad, but still hopes that one day they will be clean and sober. People still get married even though more than ever it ends up in divorce, but yet hoping that their marriage will be part of the success stories.

I know this country is doomed but without hope, what use is it to get out of bed in the morning? I will always stay hopeful but that is just me being me :) xxx
Churchill
Churchill - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 142
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-02 20:25:18

We always knew it was doomed
Vrik
Vrik - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 1066
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-02 21:02:57

Jan Smuts once said that in South Africa, "the best never happens, and the worst never happens". He's been proved right so far. For us, for me, the best is certainly not happening. But the worst isn't happening either (So far).
Johnny English
Johnny English - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1065
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-02 21:25:59
Edited: 2021-04-02 21:27:32

On 2021-04-02 20:06:57 Galaxy @ Be-sensual said:
On 2021-04-02 18:12:54 Ben Layden said: You cannot be both hopeful and sceptical at the same time.
This country is doomed.

I understand your point and agree 100% with you, but like I said I'm a glass half full kinda girl ;)

To have hope is to want an outcome that makes your life better in some way. It not only can help make a tough present situation more bearable but also can eventually improve our lives because envisioning a better future motivates you to take the steps to make it happen.

Whether we think about it or not, hope is a part of everyone's life. Everyone hopes for something. It's an inherent part of being a human being. Hope helps us define what we want in our futures and is part of the self-narrative about our lives we all have running inside our minds.

We all hope for something. People that have loved ones that is alcoholics or drug addicts know the stats of recovery which is bad, but still hopes that one day they will be clean and sober. People still get married even though more than ever it ends up in divorce, but yet hoping that their marriage will be part of the success stories.

I know this country is doomed but without hope, what use is it to get out of bed in the morning? I will always stay hopeful but that is just me being me :) xxx

Great post, Galaxy gal.
The only thing i would change is to substitute "this country" with "this world".
Sad thing is that much of humanity has accepted their "fate" and have stopped living.

Galaxy @ Be-sensual
Galaxy @ Be-sensual - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1288
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-04-03 09:58:19

On 2021-04-02 21:25:59 Johnny English said:
On 2021-04-02 20:06:57 Galaxy @ Be-sensual said: On 2021-04-02 18:12:54 Ben Layden said: You cannot be both hopeful and sceptical at the same time.
This country is doomed.

Great post, Galaxy gal.
The only thing i would change is to substitute "this country" with "this world".
Sad thing is that much of humanity has accepted their "fate" and have stopped living.

Thanks :) fortunately we all have a choice to live life to the fullest or to stop living... I definitely live life to the fullest! Only way to go ;) xxx
AnthonyEdwards
AnthonyEdwards - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 572
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-03 16:26:18

On 2021-04-03 09:58:19 Galaxy @ Be-sensual said:

Thanks :) fortunately we all have a choice to live life to the fullest or to stop living... I definitely live life to the fullest! Only way to go ;) xxx

Well said Ma'am
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 11157
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-03 16:46:10

On 2021-04-03 16:26:18 AnthonyEdwards said:
On 2021-04-03 09:58:19 Galaxy @ Be-sensual said:

.. fortunately we all have a choice to live life to the fullest or to stop living... I definitely live life to the fullest! Only way to go ;) xxx

Welcome to the "Live Life Club" Galaxy, I also live life to the fullest everyday ;)
Ben Layden
Ben Layden - Re: Are you hopeful about the future of this country?
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 6665
View Profile
Posted: 2021-04-03 19:19:50

Your very warm commendations of Galaxy, laudable in themselves, must not be used to arraign my judgment.

I too live my life to the fullest.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.