aulay_domnall
aulay_domnall - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 109
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-13 14:04:59

On 2017-12-12 22:06:49 flyingwild said:

almost every thread you have touched has turned into some sort of clash. Why?

She thrives on causing ghurrah is why, and the really sad part is, we all reply to her posts which does nothing other than keep her name at the top of the forum which is exactly the publicity she seeks.

Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4175
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-13 14:10:40

On 2017-12-13 14:04:59 aulay_domnall said:
On 2017-12-12 22:06:49 flyingwild said:
almost every thread you have touched has turned into some sort of clash. Why?

She thrives on causing ghurrah is why, and the really sad part is, we all reply to her posts which does nothing other than keep her name at the top of the forum which is exactly the publicity she seeks.

Spot on orifice! ;)

Sibyl
Sibyl - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1191
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-13 14:25:39
Edited: 2017-12-13 14:31:57

In answer to the original question, friendship in this industry, although extremely rare, is indeed possible. I am very much the hermit type and not one who easily makes friends, as I prefer solitude - as a matter of fact, I have been called anti-social on various occasions, because I do not see the need to surround myself with people and friends in particular. I only have 3 people who to me are my friends and I met them all through this industry.

I have a client who has been seeing me for 25 years, we are growing old together & we know everything about each other. Even though money is still exchanged for services on a regular basis, our relationship is so much more than client and service provider - we have become good friends and to be honest he is my oldest and dearest friend. We call each other to talk about our problems or just to say hi and are there for each other, through good times and bad times.

I have another client for more than 12 years, who just like my oldest and dearest friend, has over the years become a very good friend who has always been there for me (I'm not talking about money) during the good and bad times and we both also know everything about each other. Even though he has moved on to greener pastures in the punting world a while ago, we are still good friends and in contact and I can at any time contact him and vice versa, be it to vent, to ask advice or just to say hi.

Apart from these 2 guys who I call my friends, I only have 1 other friend in my life. She is also in this industry and we have always been there for each other on an emotional level, through the good times and the bad times, even though we only communicate a few times a year and only see each other every 6 years or so in person.
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2017-12-13 15:33:27

I met one of my best and most beloved friends here on ESA.
kameshang
kameshang - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 1082
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-13 17:53:36

Id say yes hopefully few punters and wgs that have become friends will stay that way just like normal friends all we can do is put the effort and leave the rest to god.
Persona non grata
Persona non grata - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Basic Member
Posts to Date: 12
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-13 19:04:59

Vriendskap is moontlik maar nie regtig vollop in hierdie bedryf.

Ongelukkig is ek nie vrienskap materiaal en dit vat nie lank voordat ek my naam gestand doen.

Die vrienskap voorbeeld van Inl is 1 uit n 1000. Dit is iets wat selde gebeur en min punters is in staat om daardie vertroue by dames in te boesem. Well done Stud Muffin
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3000
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-14 17:00:45
Edited: 2017-12-14 17:02:05

To all the friends I have met during my punting "career" ... each one have a special place in my heart and may these friendships just grow stronger and stronger well into the future !!!

Ps: Just realised that this was my 3000th post and found it appropriate !!!
Veronica Franco
Veronica Franco - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 4205
  View Profile  
Posted: 2017-12-14 17:14:32

Pleased to have met you BOOBS...YOURE AWESOME!
BOOBS53
BOOBS53 - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 3001
View Profile
Posted: 2017-12-14 17:33:14

Miss V ... just as pleased to have met you for the first in Bloem at TNG ... that kind of "taking no nonsense from anybody attitude" .. I like I like !!! ;)
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Friendship in the Purple world
Less than 5 posts
Posted: 2017-12-14 22:13:10

I think friendship is as rare as love, but here is a saying that I think is really true:
"The real friend is not the one who will share your misery, but the one who will not choke in jealousy when you are happy."

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.