Liza
Liza - Re: Reactions from family members
Re: Reactions from family members
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1801
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-03-28 20:31:55

On 2021-03-28 20:24:22 modnarmodnar said:
On 2021-03-28 20:16:37 Liza said: On 2021-03-28 20:12:34 modnarmodnar said: Thanks for sharing, Liza. What a difficult situation. I'm really glad you overcame that vicious attempt at blackmail.

More the reason why I HATE the people who try to extort our only income. I know how it feel. Yes, maybe not on that level some punters had,as I don't have anything to loose, but yet it was horrible. I felt like in a way someone try to "rape" me , if that makes sense. Maybe not the right wording. Apologies, as I'm Afrikaans.
I think I know exactly what you're saying. It's so ugly...I'm even tempted to use the word "evil". I honestly don't know how I would handle such a situation, never mind if I was in your shoes. Cunilinkiss is right: you have bigger balls than us :)

And here I am... Doing an "unethical job" in the eyes of the righteous people,but I do it for ethical reasons. Not one ounce of regret in my body. I love what I do. It's who I am. It's my passion. Thank you guys.
Vicky
Vicky - Re: Reactions from family members
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 30
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-03-28 20:58:32

My family doesnt know about it yet...i am trying to be discreet about it. I have no idea how they will react...

One or two friends found about it and they are pretty cool about it...so love them to bits
[deleted]
[deleted] - Re: Reactions from family members
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-28 21:01:25

Respect to Liza, you are a Queen.
doctorevil
doctorevil - Re: Reactions from family members
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 558
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-28 21:12:35
Edited: 2021-03-28 21:13:04

On 2021-03-28 20:31:55 Liza said:
On 2021-03-28 20:24:22 modnarmodnar said: On 2021-03-28 20:16:37 Liza said: On 2021-03-28 20:12:34 modnarmodnar said: Thanks for sharing, Liza. What a difficult situation. I'm really glad you overcame that vicious attempt at blackmail.

More the reason why I HATE the people who try to extort our only income. I know how it feel. Yes, maybe not on that level some punters had,as I don't have anything to loose, but yet it was horrible. I felt like in a way someone try to "rape" me , if that makes sense. Maybe not the right wording. Apologies, as I'm Afrikaans.
I think I know exactly what you're saying. It's so ugly...I'm even tempted to use the word "evil". I honestly don't know how I would handle such a situation, never mind if I was in your shoes. Cunilinkiss is right: you have bigger balls than us :)

And here I am... Doing an "unethical job" in the eyes of the righteous people,but I do it for ethical reasons. Not one ounce of regret in my body. I love what I do. It's who I am. It's my passion. Thank you guys.

Well done on being so open and brave with your family, especially your kids. And we'll done for being mom and dad. Much respect Liza!
Liza
Liza - Re: Reactions from family members
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 1802
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-03-28 21:41:49

On 2021-03-28 21:12:35 doctorevil said:
On 2021-03-28 20:31:55 Liza said: On 2021-03-28 20:24:22 modnarmodnar said: On 2021-03-28 20:16:37 Liza said: On 2021-03-28 20:12:34 modnarmodnar said: Thanks for sharing, Liza. What a difficult situation. I'm really glad you overcame that vicious attempt at blackmail.

Well done on being so open and brave with your family, especially your kids. And we'll done for being mom and dad. Much respect Liza!

Thank you very much Mr.

Strip the makeup and sexy lingerie and the "stage" off of us, at the very end of every day, we just ordinary people with goals and dreams.
Miss Red (aka Louise)
Miss Red (aka Louise) - Re: Reactions from family members
Advertiser
Posts to Date: 3807
  View Profile  
Posted: 2021-03-28 21:44:53

My children know and I had no problems with them understanding or accepting. They are well balanced adults with a very open view towards life. It did not change anything in our relationships with each other. My children has always respected the fact that I was raising then as a single mom I think knowing only made them respect everything in life a little bit more.

My extended family knows.
Most seem to understand and accept.
(I think a few actually felt ashamed about themselves when realising they had been asking money from me for years when they run short while having decent well paying jobs) It definitely changed the dynamic of some of those relationships but definitely for the better.

For the rest.. if they do ask or do find out...;) This is my Moto in dealing with it...

Those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter.;)

I honestly don't have space or energy to waste on people that still live with blinkers on. You either deal with it and be in my life or move on. I won't even waste time trying to make you understand or accept it.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-28 22:02:00

If I had to be in that scenario, I would not disclose it to family. I might disclose it to friends in my inner circle but that's it.
[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-28 22:07:13

I was at a dinner last night when the story of a well known retired rugby player came up.
He makes a living now by doing motivational speaking and earns 80 thousand dollars a gig. (I wish I was making this up) Apparently he hates it but realizes that his career as a rugby player was short lived and he needs to make a living, somehow.

I asked if he was any different to the ladies on this site who also exchange time for money.
The feeling at the table was that he is no different.

Food for thought!

[deleted]
More than 100 posts
Posted: 2021-03-28 22:24:05

On 2021-03-28 22:07:13 eye see you said:
I was at a dinner last night when the story of a well known retired rugby player came up.
He makes a living now by doing motivational speaking and earns 80 thousand dollars a gig. (I wish I was making this up) Apparently he hates it but realizes that his career as a rugby player was short lived and he needs to make a living, somehow.

I asked if he was any different to the ladies on this site who also exchange time for money.
The feeling at the table was that he is no different.

Food for thought!

That's an interesting analogy. How do you get to that?
semensquirter
semensquirter - Re: Reactions from family members
Gold Member
Posts to Date: 8128
View Profile
Posted: 2021-03-28 23:39:11

On 2021-03-28 20:31:55 Liza said:
...And here I am... Doing an "unethical job" in the eyes of the righteous people,but I do it for ethical reasons. Not one ounce of regret in my body. I love what I do. It's who I am. It's my passion. Thank you guys...

WOW...Liza, I really love this part of your post...RESPECT!!!
Thanks for sharing.

You must be logged in to post on this forum. Basic Membership is free and it only takes a minute to sign up. Alternatively, if you are already a member, please log in. You will be automatically returned to this page.

Legend

Hover mouse over icons for description

Back to Previous Page
For the best browsing experience, rotate your tablet horizontal.